Monday, September 23, 2013

Well, it's been a busy couple of weeks around the Buchanan household.  And, unfortunately, I haven't had much time to take on any new arts and crafts projects.  We've been trying to complete the nursery, which has involved many trips to Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, IKEA, Pottery Barn Kids, the Container Store, etc.  I think I purchased nine different curtains and three different curtain rods before finding the right match.  And I'm still having a hard time finished them as I'm combining some sheer beige curtains with black out shades - and I don't know how to sew (definitely one thing I hope to learn in the new future).  Anyways, I think I'll have them finished tomorrow and will be sure to post some pictures.

We also had some water damage from all of the rain that we received in CO and I am trying to clean up that mess.  I am one of those people who can't focus on new projects until the house is in order, and it looked like a hurricane went through just about every room, which made taking on any new projects impossible.  There was a small leak in our new mudroom ceiling, which created a giant hole in the dry wall.  We also had some water damage in our basement (in the basement).  The dry wall was damaged and the carpet pad was destroyed.  We had to rip up the carpet to dry it out and remove all of the furniture - so it's a complete disaster.  But, it could have been worse, I suppose. 

Luckily, I have the day off today, so I'm going to take a load to Goodwill and get organized.  We also have to sell my car, get a ski rack on Matt's Four Runner and do some last minute baby prep.  We're going to try and be a one car family now that we are the proud owners of this bad boy. 


Everyone in my family hates my Jeep and complains about how unsafe it is and I'm tired of hearing them bitch, so I'm just letting Matt sell it.  I guess I don't need to be driving little Billie around in a car that vibrates downhill, has a broken passenger door lock and makes ridiculous noises when I drive over speed bumps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment