Monday, September 2, 2013

Labor Day Weekend...and Nursery Decor

I finally had some time to check several long-overdue items off of my to-do list this weekend.  We enjoyed three amazing days at home with no plans whatsoever (for the first time all summer, I think), and it was so relaxing! 
 
I ran lots of errands and went on several walks with the doggies (although, I got a little ambitious today in the mid-afternoon heat after walking at least 3 miles w/ 3 dogs while 8 months pregnant).  I also napped (a rarity for me but that walk did me in - it was HOT today) and bought some adorable clothes to keep Billie warm this winter.  For some reason I started panicking that she was going to freeze in the colder months so I stocked up on a warm fuzzy onesie, a couple of hats, her first pair of 'boots,' a precious cardi and a dress with printed tights for the fall! 
 
I mean...could these be any cuter!!!!!!
And I finally got around to the painting that I promised my friend several months ago.  I'm pretty happy with the finished piece for little George...and thought the safari theme suited him quite nicely.  He is George of the jungle after all. :)
 

I've also decided to tackle a big project before Billie arrives in about 7 weeks and am going to paint some sort of pretty tree décor on the wall behind her crib (which I have no idea how to do).  I'm running out of time but can hopefully pull it off her in the next few weeks!  I'll be sure to post my progress - fingers crossed that it turns out nicely and isn't a big fail.  I'm hoping for something along these lines....more to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. I love the little loveseat! Have you thought about painting the upholstery? The Annie Sloan paint looks pretty nice for upholstery, although I have never tried it myself! The jungle picture is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny you should suggest that because I actually tried painting the fabric the other day with white chalk paint! I did some research and followed all of the directions (sprayed the fabric with water first and watered down the paint), but I am not happy with it at all. It's quite stiff and would need at least two coats of paint, which would make the texture even more "paint-like." Thanks for the suggestion and comment though! Let me know if you ever have better luck!

      Delete