Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thrift Store TV Tray Make Over

As I mentioned the other day, I finally finished my TV Tray make over project, which took much longer than expected (as usual).  There were several steps involved in completing each of the four tables though, including collecting enough beer and wine bottles for the collages!
 
 
I found these old school TV Trays at the ARC for 50% off and thought they'd come in handy for our media room / Man Cave (although my husband won't let me call it the man cave anymore as the baby toys and rockers continue to take over!!!).  
 
I painted each table burnt orange since my husband is obsessed with Texas football.  Then, I soaked off the labels of what seemed like hundreds of beer and wine bottles. Hint: If you soak the beer bottles in a sink filled with oxi-clean and water, they literally float right off - so easy!).
 
 
Once dried, I used Modge Podge to glue the labels to the tops of each of the TV trays.  This was my first experience with Modge Podge, but I found it quite easy to use.  The hardest part is just creating the "puzzle" with the labels and getting them to match up just the way you want them to.  It was quite tedious work (but right up this nerdy girl's alley)!
 

 But, I'm really happy with the way each of the tables turned out - and they add a lot of much needed color to the man cave play room.  I do think I need to seal them with something though, so if you have any ideas/experience, I'm open to suggestions.  I'm thinking that I'll do a coat or two of poly (after I have this baby)!




Speaking of baby, we're getting really close to my due date now, which is just 11 days away!  I'm not sure this belly can get any bigger!  Apparently, Billie is the size of a watermelon these days, which I just love thinking about before I go in to labor. :0 Whoever decided that was a good comparison was drunk (and male).

 
I did enjoy one perk of being pregnant last night when I went to meet some friends for happy hour at Max's in Wash Park.  I enjoyed two dollar tacos and some great company for over three hours - and my total bill was literally only $2.  I'm still in shock - as my usual happy hour bill would be around $30 or $40 bucks probably (and would be followed by a hangover)!  haha.
 
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Looking for TV tables that will fold nicely and store behind our sofa in the RV. Ran across your post and just LOVE your DIY beer-label-tables! They look great!!

    ReplyDelete