Sunday, September 8, 2013

Aspen Birdie Nursery Mural

Well, the nursery wall art is now complete...and it actually didn't take as long as I'd expected (which never happens with my DIY projects)!  I was originally planning on hanging a mirror above the crib, but started to worry that it may fall (and look a little bare/boring). We did some brainstorming on Friday night and decided to paint aspens with minimal leaves and branches in an effort to make the wall and room less cluttered looking.  The room is very small so we have to be careful when decorating.  We did a few Google searches and found some aspen tree decals that I used for inspiration.  Then, I just took my pencil to the wall and outlined/painted the first tree.  Once that was complete, we determined where to add the second tree and little birdie friends.  After several coats of high gloss paint and a few tweaks (and back aches)...it's now complete.  I just love the love birds that rest perfectly on the top of the crib.  Hopefully, sweet little Billie Elizabeth will love them as well when she arrives in just 6 weeks!
 

I was having trouble getting a good photo of the mural...I guess the lighting isn't the best.  Or maybe it's the photographer...but here is another shot with the natural light coming through the window. :)


And these are the "Billie Balls" that I found on Etsy!  Thought they were quite appropriate and like the pop of color that they add to the nursery.
 

Now we're off to Linger for brunch with some friends.  It's been on my list of places to try for a long time!  I also glad that that horrible Texas football game is over with and my husband is back to normal again.  The screaming, yelling and beer drinking were a little extreme last night when Texas was losing to BYU...but at least I could enjoy some painting during that debacle. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment