Monday, September 30, 2013

Weekend Update

Another weekend just flew by - how does this keep happening?  I suppose time is going by so quickly because our baby is due in just three weeks - and we are sooooooooooo ready for her to get here!  My niece, Lee Ellen, was born in Austin this weekend and is doing great - I suppose we're next on the baby train.

I finally finished the curtains for Billie's nursery and found some sheets.  The only thing we have left to do in the nursery is fill her frames with photos! 

I was able to work on a few projects this weekend as well:

  • I finally finished the beer/wine label covered TV trays which have been sitting around unfinished for months.  I bought the TV trays at Goodwill and have been salvaging beer bottle labels which I modge podged to the top of each tray.  Now I just need to paint the base and add a protective coat to the surface! 
  • I added some contact paper to our laundry room shelf in an attempt to get the laundry area a bit more organized.  We have a LOT to do in this "room" but that will come after the office, I suppose.
  • I started painting the floral settee!  Yes, I am painting fabric with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint.  Right now it looks terrible because I'm trying to paint off-white over a dark print, but I'm hoping it will look nice after a few coats.  I had originally planned to reupholster the piece, but thought I'd give this a shot first since it would be much more cost effective and hopefully easier. 
  • Matt added a handrail to the staircase, which I just need to paint.  Hopefully, my dad finds it helpful when they come to visit next month to help with the baby.
  • Matt also added some trim to our IKEA shelves in the mudroom to give it a more finished look!
  • And we scheduled some one from Home Depot to come out and take measurements for our office blinds - it's time to cover that nastiness!  I'm just going to have them replicate the blinds that we installed in the media room.
Here are a few photos from our weekend projects! 




Next on the list:
  • Order frames for Billie's room
  • Paint hand rails
  • Finish painting the settee
  • Finish the TV trays
  • Sell some completed furniture (red end table, black chairs, white chest of drawers)


No comments:

Post a Comment