Thursday, October 3, 2013

The Completed Nursery

I am so excited that the nursery is about 99% complete! 

I just need to add some photos to the frames above the dresser but decided to wait until Billie is born so that we can have some cute pics of her w/ our family members who are planning to visit in October and November!

We actually refinished and painted the dresser/changing table ourselves.  We purchased the unfinished dresser at IKEA and stained it with Mini Wax gray stain.  Matt painted the knobs white - and we couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.


Only a couple of more weeks until I get to sit with my sweet baby girl in the rocker and read her stories.


I love the Billie goat that my mom sent me...and found it quite appropriate.  My crazy dog already chewed off its eye ball, but luckily I found it and glued it back on.  I guess that's just a glimpse of what the future holds once we start mixing baby toys and Yorkie-Poos...good times.


I finally found a bed skirt and some sheets that I like from Pottery Barn Kids.  The colors are subtle and neutral and match all of the décor in the room nicely.


I'd like to find a way to hide those ugly electric cords, but other than that, I'm loving the room! 

These last couple of weeks are pretty surreal.  It's very quite around the house and I'm getting extremely bored with the daily grind.  It feels like something (or someone) is missing since it's so quite and the nursery is completely empty.  The swing, pack-n-play and rocker are set up...just waiting for a little munchkin to try them out.  I've stocked up on essential oils, massagers and lavender scented everything to help me relax now and during labor.  We've met with our doulas and midwives and have toured not one, but two hospitals to prepare for the big day.  We've practiced CPR on plastic babies, practiced swaddling on a real baby and sat through a birthing class with 20 other preggo people at the hospital.  I've filled the closet and dresser with precious baby clothes, swaddles, sleep sacks, sleep pods and whatever other sleepy fleecy things I could find.  I've purchased nursing bras and comfy pajamas and have forced my family members to get stabbed with flu shot and T-Dap vaccines.  My belly is huge all of the sudden and Billie is squirming around non-stop.  Everyone I see asks me immediately, "when are you due?" and I feel like I should have 10/21 tattooed to my forehead.  But, it's been a wonderful journey and I've been blessed with an easy pregnancy...and I know the best is yet to come.  I'm sure I'll look back at this post and laugh about how prepared I thought I was...and wish that I could be "bored" again.  ;)  Until then, let's just hope I find some fun ways to pass the time and look at the bright side while we wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment