Saturday, December 21, 2013

Distressed Full Headboard and Colorful Child's Chair

Well, I was finally able to work on a couple of projects for my blog yesterday.  It's nice to know that I can still find time to paint and restore furniture with a newborn.
 
I completed the below headboard which is now for sale for $95 (check out the Craigslist post here).  I painted it with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint and distressed it in order to bring out the lovely details.  And I finished it off with a coat of clear wax.  Please email me if you live in the Denver area and are interested in the piece!


 
I also completed this adorable little kid's chair.  Below is the before photo.
 
 
And here is the "after" photo. 
 
 
I tried a new technique and am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I used a white base coat and wet rag in order to get the distressed finish.  I love how the white shows through the purple and turquoise paint. 
 
I have a few pieces around the house that I plan to work on today, including my grandmother's desk in the office and my great aunt's table in the sunroom.  Both have great bones but need to be refinished BADLY!  I'll be sure to post some photos soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment