Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Office

It's hard to believe that we've lived in our house for 2 1/2 years and our office still looks like this!! 
 

We replaced the carpet and had the walls painted (a very boring color), but that's about it.  It hurts to look at these photos - I hate it so much!!

The closet comes in handy though since our "master closet" is about 3 feet wide and can only fit my in-season clothes!!  And I'm not sure what's going on on the right with the cheap built-in shelves, but that's obviously where we store our suit cases.


The windows make me want to vomit and the dry wall damage makes me want to cry - because we've already had the dry wall repaired once (and the recent flooding did us in again)!  And don't even get me started on the light fixture.


I do, however, love the desk and chair that I inherited from my grandmother (although I think it needs a little re-staining work).  And we FINALLY hung the wall organizer that my boss gave me, which will be great for organizing paperwork, envelopes and other office supplies.

Well, I'm finally determined to take on this nasty room now that we have just over 3 weeks of sitting around waiting for this baby to make an arrival!  Of course, I've been scouring Pinterest for months and months and have a few ideas that should at least help me get started.

I've been debating over what to hang on the walls for some time now and love this simple IKAT fabric "art work."  I ordered several swatches online today and can't wait for them to arrive. I'm not quite sure where we would have room for something like this but we shall see.


I'm also loving these painted/uphostered chairs from Miss Mustard Seed....


...and would love to do something similar with my little thrift store love seat that I purchased for $40 over a year ago in Idaho Springs.



Look at all of the beautiful details!

The only problem is, I don't know how to reupholster or sew.  Ruh roh.  But, I need to learn and I kind of want to give it a shot (with my mom's help).  Crazy, I know.  But, if it looks like poo 1) I'm not sure if I would care that much because no one ever goes in our basement 2) I can always have it professionally reupholstered.  I just don't feel like paying someone $700 (plus the price of materials) to have done when it could be a fun little experiment. 

I also have some unfinished, plane-Jane magazine file boxes that I plan to cover with a fun fabric (thanks to organizingmadefun.com for the tutorial).   


I'll keep ya posted as the plans come together.  Our first (not-so-fun) step is to replace the carpet pad that got ruined in the flood and probably add some base boards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment