Sunday, August 25, 2013

Wall Art

I'm sad that the weekend is already over, but luckily today's 6 hour childbirth class wasn't torture - and was actually quite enjoyable.  I'm not sure how the other couples felt as most of them looked miserable for some reason, but Matt and I learned a lot - and it made us even more excited for little Billie's arrival in 8 weeks! 
 
I was able to complete another project for the nursery this evening - the hand-painted "B" wall décor.  A few days ago, I discovered that these cute little yellow flowers (which match Billie's room) are actually called Billie Balls, so I had to incorporate them into the nursery design.  And I added a little bumble bee to the piece as well to fill the excess white space.
 
 
Here is the before "B" which I picked up for a few bucks at Hobby Lobby.  All it needed was a little primer, high gloss white spray paint for the background and acrylic paints for the details.
 
 
Now I just need to find some more frames in order to complete the gallery wall above her dresser.  Luckily, the ottoman arrives this week and the rocker should be here soon - I can't wait to put everything together and complete the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment