Friday, August 23, 2013

Upcycled Lamp for Nursery

 
My dog woke me up three times in the middle of the night...and forced me to finally get out of bed at 5:37 am so that she could go hide under the bed downstairs.  What a weirdo...and not a good start to my day!!  We're having a sweet baby girl in a couple of months (yay!) and I think I'm more nervous about my crazy Yorki-Poo waking me up constantly than I am the baby...or maybe it's the combination of the two that's giving me anxiety.  Maybe I can get her vocal chords removed within the next couple of weeks.  Help!
 
Speaking of babies, I'm slowly but surely getting the nursery together and am trying to add a few hand-made pieces while repurposing items I have in the house to save money.
 
The other day, I transformed an old TJ Maxx lamp into a beautiful, white, lacey lamp...below is the before photo.
 
 
And here is the completed lamp.  I actually used an old shirt from Target to cover the lamp shade!  The lace was wearing out in a few places so I couldn't wear it anymore, but I thought the pattern was so pretty and figured I could use it for a project.  I love how it turned out - and all it took was a little hot glue and pair of scissors!

 
 
And here is my crazy dog, Sophie, staring at a bug in Crested Butte last weekend.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment